How we help enrich lives
If we are going to help our residents live better, then it is our responsibility to offer them every opportunity to be actively engaged and involved. At Extendicare Vista Park Lodge, we provide social and recreational services seven days a week - including holidays. These services are designed to meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and intellectual needs of our residents. All activities are developed, organized and led by qualified staff and we offer both group and individualized services to meet residents’ unique needs and circumstances. Examples of our recreational services and activities include:
- Peaceful Setting: Located in the south end of Winnipeg, our home enjoys an excellent reputation for quality care in our community. Our residents especially enjoy our easily accessible and beautiful backyard and courtyard that features picnic tables, walking paths, barbeques and peaceful tranquility.
- Music Activities: We have many other music activities that focus on reminiscing including choir practice, sing-alongs and playing instruments.
- Seated Exercise Class: We hold regular seated exercise classes that help residents improve their strength, flexibility, range of motion and balance.
- Pet Therapy: Through our St. John’s Ambulance Pet Therapy program we have weekly visits from therapy dogs and cats who spend time with our residents.
- Baking & Cooking Group: Our Baking & Cooking Group meets once a week and other residents and staff are always ready to enjoy the tasty finished results.
- Intergenerational Program: We have a monthly Intergenerational Program that brings elementary school children into our home to spend time and do activities with our residents.
- Live Entertainment: We have regular live entertainment featuring a variety of different performers from the community.
- Afternoon Pub: Twice a month we have an afternoon pub where residents can relax and socialize with each other over a maximum of 2 drinks.
- Monthly Birthday Bash: Our Monthly Birthday Bash is enjoyed with cake, candles, a card and a chorus of “Happy Birthday to You”.
- Ice Cream Afternoons: During the warm summer months, residents enjoy the “Ice Cream Afternoons” in the courtyard.
We also offer a wide range of physiotherapy, cognitive, speech and occupational therapies according to the needs of our residents. Currently we offer:
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech Therapist
- Respiratory Therapist
- Specialized Rehabilitation Program